Wednesday 20 March 2013

The First Day of Spring

Today is the equinox, the day when we have exactly the same amount of darkness as light. And it should herald the start of spring - lambs gambolling in the fields, bunnies hopping around the countryside, gentle sunshine warming banks of daffodils and  birds building their nests.

Instead, here in the UK, we have damp, gloomy weather, predictions of snow and bitter cold, and George Osborne delivering what threatens to be an austerity budget. Hardly a day to warm the heart!

However I've decided to bring a breath of spring to my crafting today. The challenge this week at Less Is More is Frame It! while this month's Emergency Crafters challenge is Mad as a March Hare so  I've used a stamp of boxing hare silhouettes  which I think was free on Craft Stamper magazine  and framed it  with a slide mount covered in pretty spring coloured paper.

 
I'm playing along at
 
 

5 comments:

Linby said...

I have loads of slide mounts which I never think to use! Love how you framed the silhouette.
Lynn x

Chrissie said...

Fun card, I love the colourful frame!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

What a lovely card... love how you used the frame theme. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

debby4000 said...

Lovely sweet card, love the buttons.
luv
Debby

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Jane,
Love your card, so simple but so effective and the colours are lovely and really stand out!
Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
~Lucy x