Tuesday 26 November 2013

F is for........

.... faffing about, which is what I've been doing trying to get a decent photo of this card. I read the other day that the best way to photograph a card with 3D decoupage is to stand it on a window ledge at right angles to the natural light so that the shadows add dimension and relief. So I've been faffing and fiddling and really don't seem to have achieved anything new. You really wouldn't believe, from the photos,  the depth and realistic appearance of the decoupage.

The image and background paper (and the insert, which doesn't show) are from Joanna Sheen's beautiful Victorian Christmas cards CD.



Not only that, now I've blown them up on the screen I can see how blurred the images are because I turned the flash off to try to make the most of the alleged shadows from the window so the exposure time was quite long. I must head off and add "Photography for Dummies" to my Amazon wish list.

I'll try to add a better photo at the end if I manage to take one, but in the meantime I'm playing along with F is for...... which is the current CD Sundays challenge. Oh, and as well as faffing, F is also for Fruit and Flowers! (Actually looking yet again at my photos, F is also for failure!)

Later........ I've managed to get a photo that shows the depth a bit better - but there's glare  in the corner from the winter sun coming straight in through the window. I can't win!

9 comments:

Christine said...

You are too harsh on yourself Jane, your cards are beautiful and I love the image of Fruit and Flowers.
Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

I agree with Christine - much to harsh on yourself. The card is beautiful.
I too have frustrating episodes with photography & might be joining you at Amazon for that book :)
x

Jocelyn said...

Lovely image and lots of F's in creating it so well done! It's a lovely Christmas card :-)
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

I bet you're all F'd out now. I know how you feel trying to get a decent picture to show off your cards to best advantage and no matter which way you do it some days it just won't co-operate!
Anyway it's a beautiful card with plenty going on.
Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a great card and you definatly managed to get the F covered. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

I think it is a lovely card and your first photo shows it off a treat.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

beautiful card, nothing wrong with your photos, shows your cards off fully, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT x

Purple Crazy said...

A lovely card Jane, great decoupage, photography is often the hardest part of the card, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Cazro said...

I love your card, especially how you have adopted the F is for Faffing and fussing, your card is wonderful, I don't need to see each rise and dimension. Taking pictures at this time of the year is a nightmare, your card and photography are fine. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz