Monday 28 July 2014

Pink and purple

 


I know that pink and purple are a lot of crafters' favourite colours, but they are not really "me" at all. Which is why I've had a lovely piece of purple corrugated card hanging around for absolutely YEARS. I've kept saying to myself that I should use it, but nothing ever made me want to go quite purple enough. Until I saw this week's photo inspiration at Addicted to Stamps and More

 
So I went to grab my lovely piece of card, I went straight to the place where it lives - and it wasn't there. I have turned my card storage boxes out and searched thoroughly but there's no sign of it. Either I've used it without noticing or it's been eaten by a poltergeist. I reckon the latter is more likely.
 
But never mind, it gave me a chance to play with my new set of Spellbinders tag dies, and to dig out a very old and much-loved Linda Luckin stamp to go with it. I stamped the image once onto the card and again onto scrap card to cut out the images to add to the tag. It was gloomy this morning and I had to use flash, which has given the purple card a reddish tinge - actually it's almost exactly the same shade of purple as the tiny flowers!
 



1 comment:

Neets B said...

Loving that embossed tag and what a great interpretation of the inspiration photo. I always have a problem photographing purples, mine always look bluer than they are, I seriously need some photography lessons! Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM this week, Anita x