Tuesday 28 October 2014

Playing prettily

I have long been in awe of the beautiful creations that the talented Teresa shares on her blog Craftingallday Creations and have longed to try one of her trademark crossover cards enclosing a tag, but as most of you know by now, I'm not awfully good at pretty! However  the stash sort-out continues, and I came across a booklet of very pretty shabby  chic style papers that came free with a magazine some time back in the dark ages, and decided it was about time to have a go! I don't have the skill, stash or patience to replicate one of Teresa's detailed pieces, but I copied the crossover style and made a simple tag to go inside it. The sentiment is stamped with Anna Griffin stamps then cut with a Spellbinders die that had never left the packet before (shame on me!). The gorgeous flower embellishments were a prize from CD Sundays.

I kept the envelope simple as I'll be wanting to send this card by post, although I'll probably still enclose the whole thing in a jiffy bag. I gave the envelope a bit of depth by scoring each line twice a few mm apart.

 
 

 

 
 
 
 


I'm joining in with
Make My Monday - Shabby Chic
Anything Goes With a Twist - A Touch of Pink

3 comments:

Galina Varese said...

Elegant and stylish! Beautiful autumnal palette.

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday with this delightful project..... Love the papers you've used..
Suzi B x

Fliss said...

Absolutely beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at our MMM shabby chic challenge.
Fliss x