Wednesday 12 November 2014

Meet the Buttonfly

Buttonfly? Well, it's like a butterfly, only with added buttons (makes me think of the bread-and-butterfly out of Through the Looking Glass).

The current challenge at Butterfly Challenge is to use three patterned papers with a butterfly. I had a rummage through my bits box and came up with three small pieces of pretty paper left over from a recent make for CD Sundays - they came from a Create & craft Club freebie CD. I couldn't think how to use them though, so Pinterest came to the rescue - I put "card sketches" into the search box and loads of great ideas came up - so many that I started a sketches board of my own. Which means I have no excuse for running out of ideas any time soon!

This card is based on one of the sketches I found. I've embossed the larger white panel with a Crafters Companion folder, and  stamped and embossed the greeting on the smaller one. The butterfly is cut with a rather old die, from the days before pokey holes for removing the diecut were invented. So I tried the cutting-with-waxed-paper trick that I've been meaning to try for years, and the butterfly just popped out beautifully. Definitely something that will become standard procedure!

I added the buttons  simply because the nonsense word "buttonfly" popped into my head and wouldn't let go, otherwise I was planning to use pink pearls to decorate the body!


 
Because all the patterned papers were from my bits box, I'm also popping over to play at the Snippets Playground.

2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I rather like the buttons on your 'Buttonfly' and the larger one at the base of the card is a perfect foil . You never know you might just have invented another challenge theme for me! I love those snippets of paper too and just goes to prove that the papers can be small and don't have to be large for it to work. Thankyou for fluttering by #18. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

LOVE your buttonfly Jane! And of course it's so good you came to play here as well :)

Hugs

Di xx