Monday 12 January 2015

Little Foxes

I'd like to start with the news that for the second month in a row, Unstampabelles Challenge have chosen me as their DT favourite - something I could never have imagined when I first started this blog, as to me card making then meant stamping 99% of the time. But then I was encouraged by Lynn to take a look at the regular challenges on CD Sundays, and I gradually got more confident with using my CDs, which lead me to branch out into all kinds of non-stamped paper crafts.

Anyway, back to CD Sundays, where this week the challenge is Animal Antics. I was pleased when I saw the theme, as it gives me a good reason to use my lovely Design House Studios CDs. This twisted pyramid decoupage and the matching backing papers are from "The Lookout" series on the CD "Meadow's Edge 2 - The Next Generation" (that sounds awfully like a film title to me!). I've just scruffled, if that's a word, the edges of the paper and inked it a little bit, and made a daisy using Spellbinders dies. OK, I know those aren't daisy leaves, but they look pretty!  A nice simple card to bring a touch of spring to a gloomy January day.

I must admit I have mixed feelings about foxes; they are such destructive creatures and one of the few animals that kills for pleasure rather than out of necessity, and yet they are handsome creatures and fox cubs are some of the cutest animals there are!



9 comments:

Wynn said...

A lovely image Jane and a fresh springlike look to it. Congratulations on your Unstampabeele wins ....well done and thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Liz said...

A beautiful card! I love how you've layered up the image in the centre. Gorgeous colours too. xx

Sarn said...

What a lovely fresh Spring-like card. Wonderful xxx

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card and I like the way the die cut daisy with its yellow button centre mirrors the daisies on the backing paper.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Linby said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combo.
Lynn x

sue-b said...

Beautiful card, i do like the edges not over done and the image is lovely, great daisy does give it a lovely fresh feel.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b x

pinky said...

Jane this is gorgeous, makes me yearn for spring. Love the foxes and feel the same as you about them. We saw a grey fox driving home last night, its was lashing down and he/she seemed determined to get somewhere!

Carol said...

What gorgeous bright colours. A herald of the Spring to come. Lovely card Jane and thank you for your continued support.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

I rally like this card, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this time.

Jenny x
CD Sunday DT