Friday 9 January 2015

Soul sisters

When I was a little girl, I really wished I had a sister instead of a little brother, and envied all my friends who had sisters with whom they could swap makeup and share a copy of Jackie. But as I got older, I realised that some friends are just like sisters - the sort of friend who, when you are both old and infirm, is going to be the one who comes to visit you in the old folk's home with a bottle of illicit gin tucked up her knicker leg. Sisters in all but blood, everybody needs a soul sister!

That's why I love the message on this card. It's printed on acetate which I've stuck to white card and die cut. The sentiment, patterned papers, slide mount and all the embellishments are from one of the very first kits I ever bought from QVC - I can't remember exactly when it was, but in the folder where I keep it, there was also a mail order catalogue dated 1998. I don't part with things readily! Lime, orange and pink are rarely my first choice of colour scheme, which is probably why the papers have hung around for so long, but they do brighten up a dull January day.



I'm sharing this with
Ooh La La creations - Words to Inspire
Fan-tastic Tuesday - ATG with a splash of orange

2 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

I'm very happy to be a soul sister ~ I do like my gin

Janice said...

What you like soul sister - a bottle of gin up your knicker leg indeed!!!. A super post and a lovely card to share with us this time at Ooh La La. Hope to see you back again for the next challenge, Jx