Friday 4 September 2015

Falling leaves

The two cards in this post use more or less the same layout, and very similar colours, and yet they look quite different.

The first uses an image and background printed from Ooh La La creations "Carnival of Colour" CD.  The background is a single sheet of paper, but I added a peel off along the join of the designs to make it look like two separate papers. The frame for the greeting is a K&Co self adhesive one and the felt leaves were a gift from a friend. I thought they looked a bit lifeless when I first applied them to the card, so I brushed them with Wink of Stella then drew in veins with glitter glue. On the photo, the Wink of Stella doesn't show at all and the glitter glue shows too much - it's actually much more subtle than that. And they say the camera never lies!



I am sharing this with OLLCB - Signs of Autumn.

My second card uses a toadstool/mushroom stamp from an old Graphicus set. I've coloured it in to resemble Fly Agaric (as an aside, I actually saw some fly agaric in the wild for the first time when I was on holiday in the Lake District last month) using Liquid Pearls for the spots,  and layered it onto die cut shapes.

The backing paper is from a DCWV stack and the leaves are stamped - the  Horse Chestnut leaf is stamped with Versamark and embossed with a gold sparkle powder. The Turkey Oak and maple leaves were stamped with Adirondack ink then the veins stamped in gold and embossed with gold powder - but I didn't leave the first ink to dry for long enough and some of that got embossed too. I think it was a happy accident - I rather like the result and may try to do a more controlled version of it again some time.


I am sharing this card with

Crafting Musketeers - Autumnal Colours
Addicted to Stamps and More - Photo Inspiration
 

6 comments:

Barb said...

Two super cards. I particularly like the toadstools. Barb xx

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely cards thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations hugs Sue DT xx

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are super. I love the felt leaves on the first card. And those toadstools on the second card are just fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Shona Chambers said...

Your toadstools are so perfect and love how they are surrounded by the leaves and colours of Autumn. Fantastic card, so glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week!

Liz said...

Lovely cards, Jane. They both have a really Autumn feel. I love how you've added texture using felt leaves on the first card. xx

Bobby said...

I'm impressed that you know the names of the leaves, Jane, and even more impressed that you know the name of those mushrooms and have actually seen one. They are darling on your card with the Liquid Pearls. Thanks for playing with us at ATSM this week.