Tuesday 13 October 2015

Bat in the night

Halloween is drawing nearer and as I have so little Halloween themed STUFF, I'm always on the lookout for ways to make cards suitable for the occasion out of what I already have. For this card I used the Poppystamps die "Colchester Houses" and mounted it onto orange card - the orange glows out of the windows like firelight, while the orange sky has a sort of CAS-sunset look to it. The moon is a punched circle, and the "bat" is actually a die cut butterfly, using the old classic Cuttlebug butterfly die,  that has been trimmed into shape with white gel pen used to give it rather spooky looking eyes.

An ultra-quick and CAS card that didn't need any special purchases - just what I was aiming for!

I am sharing this with:

Make My Monday - Black and orange
Cuttlebug Mania - Black and orange
AAA Cards - CAS Halloween

12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Woohoo how beautiful it looks...the row of houses looks beautiful and love how you positioned the bat against the moon
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Di said...

Hi Jane! I know I'm meant to be taking a bit of a rest, but have spotted this fab card on my dashboard and over at CB Mania! It's brilliant!! LOVE it!!

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Jane...
I love black and orange
and you even have the door on your die cut houses too cooool
lovely bat too here
lovely Halloween card Jane...
you made a great scene
hugs,
Monika

PS: I have a little giveaway please visit my post if you like to join Jane..
http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/10/two-birds-card-in-red-orange-giveaway.html

Melissa L. said...

Wow! This is really cool. Love the houses and the bold design. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

Anonymous said...

I came looking!
Herzlich Pippa

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Brilliantly done and such a fabulous and vibrant GB.
Love it. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah x

Marina said...

Definitely in our colour theme and cute and fun - i love those little opening doors! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fabulous card. Such brilliant color! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

Jannie said...

Love the houses die!!! What a great effect you have created! You have done our challenge proud!
Clever thinking with the butterfly die!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Cazro said...

Brilliant Jane, I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz

Kimbo said...

Very effective Jane, I love the houses

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Liz said...

Just seen that you're the winner on the Cuttlebug Mania challenge with this fabulous card. Congratulations! xx