Tuesday 13 October 2015

You Rock! at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's new challenge day ay Cardz 4 Guyz and today Joan has chosen the theme "You Rock!" for us. Why not pop over and see what the rest of the Design Team has done, grab some great inspiration for male themed cards and perhaps even join in yourself?

For the background to my card, I printed out a sheet of music paper out of one of the digi packs I won over at A Bit More Time To Craft and then overstamped it with words from a Studio G mini stamp sheet.



The image is a decoupage sheet printed from The Best of La Pashe 2012, and the narrow band of music border across the page is from the same sheet. (Tip - the border wasn't quite long enough, so I cut it and lined up the two sides with the edge of the paper, placing the cut edges so they would be hidden by the image). I added to the "star" feel of it with a snippet of star paper left over from some Christmas card making.

I used deckle edged scissors to cut out the image, and kept the decoupage layers very shallow - with so much going on in the background, I thought thick layers of decoupage might be rather Too Much.



You can see how shallow I've kept the decoupage on this second image.

I'm sharing this with

Crafty Gals Corner - Dude
Sweet Stampin - use script or text
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

woooww I adore you self made BG
and I love that decoupage
so coool manly card Jane
love this a lot..
adorable manly card Jane and woooowwwww really unique

Barb said...

What a great male card Jane. I love your background. Barbxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love how you built up the card...looks gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Debbie said...

Great card thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. debbie X

Rae Ann said...

Love the background you created for this image! It is perfect!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Dude! challenge.

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a great card. I love the idea about over stamping onto digital paper....nice! This is just perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Paddington fan said...

Great card, love the background paper and the masculine feel to the whole card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x