Wednesday 23 December 2015

Homespun at Less is More

Another favourite challenge that my travels have kept me from joining in with recently is Less is More - this week the theme  is Homespun and I'm delighted to be back and joining in again!

I cut a scrap of gingham paper with pinking shears and used a brown marker to make faux tacking stitches,  then added the die cut dressmaker's dummy (it's actually brown, not black as it appears on the photo - and I'm afraid I don't know which die was used as I received it in a swap)  and finished the card with some buttons and a charm of dressmakers' scissors, tied to a mini-hank of twine.

6 comments:

Liz said...

I thought this was a piece of binca that you'd stitched with embroidery thread! Very clever to use gingham paper! Great design, Jane. xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a great card!

Anne said...

Jane what a super take on our theme, the restricted colour palette works really well.
Thank you for joining our last challenge of the year and wishing you a very happy new year.
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Fabulous creation, love the scissors charm hanging from the twine.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Perfect images and design Jane. What a fabulous stash you have to pop all these items together.
Homespun and CAS-tastic! Thanks so much for playing along and a Happy New Year to you.
Sarah
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry that I'm so late in commenting but having various visitors over the holiday period made me rather behind!
This is fabulous and perfect for our homespun challenge!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"