Thursday 14 January 2016

My second Christmas card of the week

I seem to be churning out the posts today - only because I have time to write about things I've been making over the last few days. But this card is one I have literally only just finished, I reckon the glue and ink aren't completely dry yet!

It was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. a card with a band on it made from punched circles, and I decided to try to recreate the idea using Christmas papers - almost like a dense garland of baubles. A very handy way of using up lots of the snippets of patterned paper in my Christmas box!

First I punched loads and loads of circles, lightly inking the edge of each. then I cut a band of lightweight card, slightly longer and wider than I wanted the finished band to be, stuck all the circles down in overlapping layers, trimmed and inked the edges and attached it to the card front along with a stamped sentiment.

A very quick and easy card, and a warm fuzzy glow from using up all those snippets!


I'm sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - red 
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippets Playground  - week 211 (have I earned the record for the number of different snippets used on one card?)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January
Crafting by Designs - Seeing Red   

10 comments:

Di said...

Wow Jane - what a terrific way to use up snippets - brilliant result!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

This is fantastic Jane. What a super idea. I think we'll all be making these with our snippets. I reckon this one's for the spotlight! Barbxx

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Super card! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!

AlisonC said...

This looks great, such and original card and use of snippets. I like the sentiment too.

Sarn said...

What an excellent idea. And perfect for using up snippets. xxx

Creating with Susan said...

I love how you used all the Christmas paper on your card and kept it CAS. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Mandy LaCroix said...

Brilliant way to use up some scraps! And such beautiful paper scraps at that! You chose and layered them so expertly. :) So well done!
Thanks for sharing it with Christmas Card Challenges!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love that strip made of punched circles! Great way to use up all those little leftover pieces of paper!

Susan Renshaw said...

This is a super idea - may have to 'borrow' it!!

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, a lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Pauline
x