Tuesday 2 February 2016

Make it Shine or Sparkle at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's Tuesday, it's 9am GMT and that means it's time for the latest challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. And today we want to see cards using something that shines or sparkles.

I find it very hard to use sparkle on a masculine card unless I keep it very, VERY clean and simple, so that's what I've done here. I used a strip of double sided tape across the front of a scallop-edged card then sprinkled the tape with glitter to give a very straight stripe to act as a "road" then added the die cut bicycle. The bike is actually cut out of a very shiny green card, although the shine doesn't really show in the photo. The finishing touches are a simple stamped sentiment and some sparkly black gems in the scallops.



How would YOU add sparkle or shine to a card yet still keep it masculine? We'd love to see your ideas, so why not head on over to Cardz 4 Guyz to see what the rest of the DT has done and to share your own ideas?

I am sharing this with:

Mod Squad - Masculine Birthday
Allsorts challenge - Bring on the Bling
Craft Rocket Challenge - Clean and Simple 

11 comments:

Cross Stitch Claire said...

What a clever idea with the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Barb said...

A great card Jane and what a clever way to incorporate the glitter. Barbxx

Julie B said...

I agree, CAS is the way to go with this topic, love the shiny bike on the glitter strip. :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great idea for a masculine card Jane! Love the design! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

brenda said...

A great CAS card Jane, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

KandA said...

Brilliant male card Jane. That's such a great idea to use the double sided sticky tape with glitter xx

Stampsnob. said...

Such a clever card TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

Wendy L said...

What a fab design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

PJ said...

I like how clean and simple your card looks. Very nice job.

Monika Reeck said...

Love the idea of bike Jane and this is so Simple n also beautiful...yeah now its difficult to visit you witl google+ I lost my way direct to your blog oh oohh I am so not up to date with G+ but finaly I found your blog list..
Luv this card Jane♡♡

JayBe said...

This is a fab CAS design, Jane, with just enough sparkle (love the die-cut bicycle too).
Hugz, Jan xx