Sunday 22 May 2016

Pop!

This week at Less is More, the challenge is "something that pops or bangs". Naturally, I immediately thought of a champagne cork.

I have a very old unmounted champagne bottle stamp, and a very new (well, less than 6 months old) champagne glass die, so they were the perfect combination. But I also wanted to represent the cork popping. I have a clear stamp from a Studio G mini set, intended for Fathers' Day, that says "pops" so I masked the "s" while inking it, then stamped and embossed it in gold.

I think the next step is where I went wrong - to give an "explosion" appearance, I sketched lines around the word with a glue pen and foiled it with gold foil - which I also used for the foil of the bottle top. I think the lines have taken it from a controlled CAS design to a rather messy one.

8 comments:

Cara said...

I like your foiling around the pop. I think that if I was being ultra ultra critical I'd position the pop so that it looked like it was next to the top of the bottle where you would hear the noise. I still think your card is great though and I'd certainly be happy if it was given to me for a celebration. Hugs, Cara x

Di said...

Ha! I have a couple of those die cut glasses on my desk here, pondering over the LIM challenge. i might let it go this week - your entry is just so clever :) I like it ..... lots!

Hugs

Di xx

Chrissie said...

Clever use of your Pops stamp and tow super images for our POP challenge!
I thought of a champagne bottle too funnily enough!!! I wonder why!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Jane: Your card is the perfect take on this challenge, when I first saw the challenge's request I immediately thought of a Champagne bottle and the noise it makes when you open it. I love your gold foil, bubbly Champagne glass, just beautiful.
PS. I never use gold foil, I've seen it in cards and I think it adds such an elegant look.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Anne said...

How clever to use the Pops sentiment Jane - and a super take on our theme. I think without the lines it all would have looked a but unrelated if you know what I mean... works for me :)
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Esther said...

I like the lines - they connect the images together and the gold colour is perfect for that celebratory feel. Great LIM entry!

Linby said...

Great CAS layout and a good take on the challenge.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Terrific use of that Pops sentiment! Oh boy, what does it say about us all that we all think of a champagne cork ;-) I had to fight hard to resist that kind of pop! Love the foiling on the bottle; it looks really luxurious.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx