Thursday, 15 June 2017

Vintage bicycle

When I use this stamp, or my penny-farthing die,  non-British friends often ask me why I refer to it as a penny-farthing. Well, in the UK we always call this style of bicycle by that name, because in old money such as was used in Victorian times, the penny was a very large coin and the farthing, worth a quarter of a penny, was a very small one. So the bicycle looked like a penny and a farthing, side by side.



For this card, I cut the cream background panel and embossed with an Mbossabilities reversible folder (sorry, can't remember the name)  over just the top half. I lightly inked the embossed area and edges with Aged Mahogany DI which is a lovely deep red.  I used Versafine ink in a matching deep red shade for the stamping, then layered with deep red card (it looks black on the photo, I always seem to make dark colours look black when I photograph them) and some newsprint effect paper. I had prepared some matching die cut cogs to embellish it with, but when I arranged them on the card to gauge the best position, I decided it actually looked better without - somehow the embossing gives it an unusual sort-of-CAS-Vintage look that doesn't respond well to further embellishment.

I am sharing this with:
Always Fun Challenges - male or dad
Sweet Stampin - Monochrome
Crafty Gals Corner - Vintage
Cuttlebugmania  -  Fathers day
Craft Rocket - for the men/boys
Fab n Funky - Vintage 



8 comments:

  1. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic vintage,Jane. Love the enhanced embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loge your choice of colours for this card, the highlighted embossing sets off the image perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely vintage card Jane and I love the colour you've used. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vintage card - ideal for a man.
    Love the colours you have used!

    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gorgeous card! Love the color you have used!
    And the newspaper look

    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania
    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete