Friday 4 August 2017

When life gives you lemons....

This week's challenge at CASology is "Juicy" which was a great excuse to use one of my "When life gives you lemons..." sentiment stamps. I have two, one the traditional version and the other the tequila version - I decided to go traditional today.


The lemon slice is simply made by cutting circles in three different shades of yellow and then cutting the smallest one into eighths.

I did actually stamp the sentiment directly on to the card but the angle didn't look quite right, so I covered it with a stamped and layered one which I think looks better anyway as it keeps the yellow theme running right across the body of the card.

And now I'd like to share with you a photo of some gorgeous stash that I won from Lau Home and Party who ran a competition on their Facebook page which I was lucky enough to win


Just look at all that washi tape! Some of it is even sparkly! Fabulous tags, twine and stickers too, as well as fabric tape, bags and decorative straws. Look out for all these lovely goodies appearing on my makes soon - when I've finished stroking them of course.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on your win Jane. Lots of lovely bakers twine and washi for you to use. Well Done!

I love your card. A great CAS make. I love that sentiment and the design is fantastic. Love it! Barbxx

Craftychris said...

Fab summery card! Very cleverly made lemon and congratulations on your fabulous win! xxx

cotnob said...

A fun card Jane, a fabulous CAS design.
Wow! A wonderful collection of stash to win, can't wait to see what you create with it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jane, what a clever way to make the lemon!

Congratulations on your win - looks like you have lots of lovely new crafty goodies to play with. :-) xx

Lynne Mizera said...

I LOVE this card Jane. And it seems so obvious to make a lemon in that way now that you have shown me... I never would have thought of that on my own. Congrats on the huge haul... I expect to see some sparkly washi tape in future makes... Grin

Cara said...

Love how you made the lemon, very inventive. What a wonderful array of stash you won, enjoy playing with it x

Unknown said...

Great card, very clever way to make the lemon. Congratulations on your fab win...all those lovely goodies !
Hugs Kaz xx

Rachel Bergfeld said...

How clever! Love your little lemon! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

Sherrie M. said...

So clever of your to piece together a juicy lemon! Wonderful design! So glad you joined us at CASology this week.