Wednesday 20 September 2017

pink for a girl

There are no babies on the way in the family, but I've just started making cards for the local hospice to sell so I'm trying to give them a good variety to cover all occasions.


I've used a stork die from the Xcut "Baby Icons" set and a word from a Spellbinders set, and used the Gummiapan "Stitched squares" for the layering. The pink is a snippet - such a small one that I had to cut the stork and word out from the area behind where the white layer would go. For some reason I can never remember the name of this technique - is it "guttering"?

Although I wanted to give an impression of sky, I also wanted to keep things very CAS, so I used a small cloud stamp and a few strokes of blue pencil to create just a suggestion of sky behind the stork.

I am sharing this with
Less is More - take flight
Cardz 4 Galz - Welcome little baby
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 299 and 300  

Now that's the end of today's crafty posts, but read on if you want to see a follow up to Saturday's Pasta making Class....

Yesterday we went into London to attend another class, this time a bread making one, but it was cancelled so we came home and spent the rest of the day cooking at home instead. We retrieved our pasta machine from its new home in our daughter's kitchen and made ravioli,  using a wild mushroom filling that Mark had made on Monday after a successful foraging expedition. The sauce we served with it was a rich ragu which included pancetta, sausage and lots of red wine.









We were delighted with the results!

12 comments:

Barb said...

A really sweet baby card Jane. Im sure your cards will be greatly appreciated and it's good to have the opportunity to make a variety of cards for different occasions. The ravioli looks delicious. I think it must be wonderful to enjoy cooking together. Barbxx

Susan said...

Terrific card...that pasta looks so good...nothing like freshly made pasta to end the day! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Di said...

Gorgeous baby card Jane! I love the cheerful pink, really stands out in a crowd :)

Ages since I made ravioli - the look of concentration on Mark's face, bless!

Hugs

Di xx

Kathyk said...

Delightful make and your card doesn't look bad either! lol!

Kathyk

Crafting Queen said...

Wow you were busy!!!

Trina P. said...

Sweet card. So eye-catching with the bright pink. Great diecut image. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

Barbara Godden said...

Your card is super cute, (I also "gut" my layer under the image, amazing how you can save. The ravioli looks awesome, I have one of those tools and I even have a ravioli press to make them in and never been used. I need more time in a day or days in the week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful baby card Jane. The addition of the sky behind the stork looks wonderful. I am always cutting things out of the back of the mats that I use, ether for use on the same card or on another card ( helps keep the weight down for postage!). Your ravioli looks delicious too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, gutting sounds horrible but is a great way to save card, the cloud really makes the card pop. I'm seriously hungry looking at those photos, how yummy x

Wendy R. said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the CAS design. Thank you for joining us at the Cardz4Galz challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Wendy, DT

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Your baby card is so fun! I really like the clouds behind the stork. That is really cool! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Cardz 4 Galz! - Chris, DT