Monday 25 September 2017

That toucan again!

It's the first time I've used this toucan stamp since getting my Misti - what a huge difference it has made. I no longer have to go over the image with a black marker to hide the unevenly stamped areas!


What a pity the way I wanted to ink and stamp the leaf border meant it would have been awkward to use the Misti for that too - and I seem to have developed a crack in the lovely monstera leaf stamp. All the stamps I used were from Uniko.

When I've used the toucan before, I have felt he was floating around in space a bit, so this time I die cut a branch for him to sit on. The position still isn't quite right - I had to cut a slot under his wing to slip the branch into and maybe it needed to be a bit deeper. Let's just say he is coming in to land, shall we?

 This card was inspired by the lovely photo which is this week's challenge at Just Us Girls.


4 comments:

Cara said...

I love this card, those leaves are perfect. I'd never have noticed anything about the branch placement if you hadn't mentioned it!

Ina G said...

Such a lovely tropical card you have made here Jane. Great take on the Inspiration Photo. Those leaves look so good and your bird so colourful. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love this!! That toucan is so perfect for the photo, and I really like how you have framed him with the leaf stamp. Great take on the photo challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!
Judy~ JUGS DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Linda said...

Lovely take on the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining us this week at JUGS. Linda, GD.