Tuesday 27 February 2018

A Sketch challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz

Hello there - today we have something different from our usual themes for you over at Cardz 4 Guyz. For this fortnight's challenge, Julie has come up with this sketch


Here's my take on it


I decided to go with a steampunk look, using some Kanban toppers. I made a stamped background  - the border and corner stamps I used are from a set that Mark bought me, sorry, I didn't keep a note of the name, and the individual cog wheels I uses for the background are from a very old magazine freebie set. The acrylic material of the stamps is starting to break up, hence the patchy stamping - I'm tempted  to throw them away but the patchiness does give a certain "ancient machine" look to it!

I stamped first in black Memento ink, then used a gold marker to colour in some of the screws and nuts, and finally stamped and heat embossed some of the separate cogs in gold. I added a border using cold foiling, matted it with black then added the toppers and sentiment.

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is brilliant, Jane - super steampunk creation, Jo x

Cara said...

This is just fantastic x