Thursday 28 March 2013

Bundle of Joy

This week's challenge at CD Sundays is "Bundle of Joy"

I don't really make much in the way of New Baby cards, so apart from the rubberstamps I bought when my granddaughters came along, I  didn't think I'd find anything suitable. There are a couple of designs on the Best of La Pashe 2012, but I know lots of us have that CD and thought somebody else is bound to use those images - and probably be far more creative than me with them!

Then I remembered my Hot Of The Press CD "5,400 Tags and Art" which has  artwork from lots of their past collections - and yes, it had page after page of baby designs on it. One of them even included the words "Bundle of Joy"!


I'm afraid the photo is rather overexposed - you can always tell when my husband is working away from home, I'm a terrible photographer! And I had a senior moment - having made little envelopes for the proud parents to keep a lock of hair and hospital wristband in, I stuck them down with the flap side facing the card so they can't be opened!

9 comments:

sue-b said...

i love this card, even if you did have a senior moment with the little envelopes, such a cleaver idea and lovely card.
sue-b xx
Cd Sunday DT

Marina said...

Believe me , Jane, you don't have to be a'senior' to stick the wrong thing to the wrong thingy! I didn't know HOTP did a CD and these are fantastic elements for a baby card and , I agree, great envelope ideas , despite the sticky.
Marina

Jane Willis said...

It's a two CD set which I bought from ome of the shoppong channels a couple of years ago. This one has some wonderful artwork on it, all tags and embellishments, and the other is devoted to teabag folding, with designs and instructions. That's something I haven't really tried -I suspect I'm not neat enough to make a good job of it!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, great layout
Margaret

Beryl said...

This is lovely Jane - despite the 'senior moment' the little envelopes are a brilliant idea. My grand daughter asked me to make a new baby card for her (friend) last night and wants a specific one I've done before but I hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea and put a couple of those little envelopes inside for her.
Thank you for joining us this week and bringing me inspiration.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A clever idea with the envelopes. Don't worry about the senior moment. Remember the upside down cards made live on C & C by the experts.
Lovely card.
Carol x
Cd Sunday DT

Jane Willis said...

I'd be really flattered if you use my idea! Hope she likes the card

starcyl said...

This is a great idea and one I think quite a few people will be using. Don't worry about any senior moments just don't admit to them but it does happen to us all.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card and I really like your idea with the envelopes. We all have to get things slightly wrong sometimes so that we get it right next time :-) and you have given us some great inspiration.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT