Monday 13 May 2013

The view from my window...

... today is this:


There is a lovely crab apple tree just outside our bedroom window, and I don't think it's ever flowered quite as profusely as this year. It was this that I thought of when I read that this week's challenge at CD Sundays is Ornate Blossom. And I knew just where I would find a suitable design - Joanna Sheen's "Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" CD.

For a while now I've been in the mood to make what I think of as an "old fashioned" card, not a fashionable vintage or retro one, but one in a style that was popular when I first took up papercrafting, with lots of peel-off borders and corners, layering and ribbon, and I thought this design set would lend itself well to it. And of course being Joanna Sheen, there's a co-ordinating insert to finish the card off.


10 comments:

Mistys Mum said...

You were right Jane, that design has made a really beautiful "old fashioned" card. I knew exactly what you meant in your description.
I hope you have photographed that beautiful crab apple tree - it is gorgeous.
Gloria x
GDT for May @ CD Sunday

Christine said...

A beautiful card Jane and your design certainly is back to 'an old fashioned card' I have so many peels but don't use them very much. I love the image and your matching insert is super. What a lovely view from your bedroom window, hope you have taken a photo.
Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

Very pretty card and love your real blossoms too. Marina

Beryl said...

It's a beautiful card Jane - a lovely image and great design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Love those corner peel offs Jane. They look fabulous and so 'retro'.
Thanks for joining in with us at Cd Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you next week.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Lovely blossom on the tree and on your card Jane. You got to love those peel offs, I think I have some of those corners in a box somewhere. They still look good on a card. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT
Looking forward to getting together next week.

sue-b said...

peel offs where one of the first things i got when i started with cards and i still use them , your card is pretty and well laid out. Thanks for joining us this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, lovely image
Margaret

Jocelyn said...

A really pretty card and nice to see some peel offs making a guest appearance!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely card, very elegant, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x