Thursday 30 January 2014

Crafting goodies through the post

Do you realise that every single time your postman comes, they may be bringing you crafting goodies? No, I'm not talking about your online and TV craft spending habits, although I'm seriously considering getting my computer to block me from visiting certain sites, but the stuff that might otherwise end up in your recycling bin - the envelopes!


Lots of envelopes have patterns printed on the inside, usually in blue (although if you are with a certain phone company you may be lucky enough to get orange ones)  and these make great craft papers. I keep a selection of pretty and undamaged ones in my craft stash.


I've put together a card using the papers from just two envelopes. I stamped and embossed flowers on one inside paper,  then cut them out


The second piece I cut into rectangles and folded each in half, then cut a half-leaf shape with the central vein of the leaf on the fold. Holding it at an angle, I pit the still-folded leaf through a corrugator. When opened out it produces a lovely stylised leaf.

 
Finally I assembled a selection of leaf and flower shapes to create my card.
 
 
Yet more recycling, so I'm adding this, too, to the recycling challenge at Oldie But a Goodie

2 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Beautiful CAS card.

Janice said...

Super recycling, I'm approaching these in reverse order, but I'm loving your ideas so far, Jx OBAG