Sunday 23 February 2014

Not what I expected.....

Do you ever make something and find that the finished item bears absolutely NO resemblance to the image you had in your head before you started? Most of the time, my makes aren't *exactly* like my mental picture, and often I chop and change and rearrange things as I go along.

But I planned this one from start to finish before I started to make it, and stuck to the plan, and it's still turned out to be completely different!

This week's challenge at Less is More is a recipe; we are asked to use something made of metal. I had a scrap of bright green sheet metal that's been in the "too good to throw away" box for years, so I embossed it with a butterfly folder, framed it with a slide mount covered with fabric-textured paper and mounted it, with some ribbon, onto textured white card.

The flash reflecting off the metal has obscured the texture of the white card, and overall I'm not at all happy with this card. If I get chance to do one I like better, I'll be back later in the week.

6 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

Perhaps a rubbing of a Matt metallic green crayon would help

Anne said...

Looks very stylish, I think it's so hard to take photos of anything metal.
Thanks for joining in this week at LIM for the metal challenge.
Anne
Guest LIM commenter :)

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you managed to use up some stuff you've had for ages!
Super embossing!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Cheryl Pasquier said...

I think it looks beautiful, you're very talented :)

Ne-Ja said...

I love your creation - very nice embossing!

Greetings from Slovenia
Ne-Ja

Carole said...

Well it caught my eye and I wanted to see more. Cool