Friday 11 July 2014

Further adventures in foiling

Here is my latest DT card for Foil Play. The stamp is an old unmounted one - I bought it to make my daughter's engagement card and she's now married with two children. I can't remember where it came from but the vintage film clip style suggests it must have been The Artistic Stamper or Crafty Individuals.

Anyway, I stamped it in black, and then carefully went over all the stamped areas of the central heart with a red Quickie Glue Pen, left it to dry and then foiled it with red foil. Inevitably for such an intricate design, I missed glueing one or two spots but it was easy to touch up with the glue pen and foil the missed areas.

I layered it onto a DL card (why do we see so few DL cards at the moment? I think the tall thin shape looks very elegant) and added one of the new Easy Peely Sentiments from La Pashe to which I added a red peel-off border, partly to make it stand out and partly because the shiny finish jarred with the matt surface of the card.

 
The current challenge at Craft Room Challenge is Wedding Anniversary and I'm joining in with this card

4 comments:

Foil Play said...

What a beautiful card, Jane - and lovely intricate pattern on the heart. Thank you!

Mervi said...

Wow, gorgeous card Jane.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Debi said...

great romantic passionate card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Zoechaos said...

WOW that heart is fabulous, love the result of your great work. XOXO Zoe