Tuesday 12 August 2014

Oh deer!

I made this card for the latest challenge at Ooh La La Creations  which is "Scenic". There are some beautiful scenes on the lovely Joanna Sheen triple CD "Victorian Christmas Cards" and I printed off a set of toppers, background paper and insert.

Unfortunately a complete set like this doesn't give much scope for creativity. I'd probably have  been better off using the single large image, but having used all that printer ink, I was determined to use all the papers! So I concentrated on making the card as luxurious as possible - all the layering gives a card with a satisfyingly "heavy" feel to it, and  I plan to set this card aside to send to one of our rather "posh" friends who is more appreciative of luxury than creativity!




I love the way the scene is subtly referenced on the insert paper!

A tip - if you usually try to save on metallic card by removing the centre of mats, don't do it on these insert pieces as when you write in the card, your pen will go straight through the paper!

4 comments:

Linby said...

Lovely card Jane, that DP is fab.
Lynn x

Foil Play said...

Wow - you certainly succeeded in producing a luxury card! The deer images are beautiful.

Alli Devine said...

lovely elegant card Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations
Alli x

Anne said...

Jane what a sumptuous card! I need to look at this CD again, this is a fab scene
Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La Challenge Blog, do join us again tomorrow for our new challenge!
Anne
Ooh La La Creations Designer