Monday 22 September 2014

A cheeky little glass of wine

This week's challenge at CD Sundays is A Birthday Card For a Male with Wendy and I decided to dust off one of my favourite CDs (OK, I know I have a LOT of favourites - I just LOVE crafting with CDs!) - The Wine Buffs from Katy Sue Designs. I often turn to this CD for male cards or cards for  people who might not appreciate the frills, flowers and lacy bits that hand made cards are often adorned with.

This time I made one of the cartoon images into a gatefold card, adding two very different backing papers from the CD. The wine-stained one on the inside is one of my favourite papers on the whole CD - it speaks to the messy wine-lover in me!

Thanks to Wynn's suggestion in the comments, I'm also playing along with Unstampabelles for the first time


15 comments:

Wynn said...

What a great card Jane......made me smile. I know a few friends this would really go down well with. Thank you for sharing it with us at Cd Sunday.
Other hat Unstampabelles have a Lets be Funny challenge due to finish shortly. Your card is perfect for it.
Wynn DT x

Jane Willis said...

Thanks Wynn, I'll add it now

Susan Hogan said...

I must be middle aged! Love the cartoon. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles.

Wynn said...

Glad you found us Jane. Think I'll get this CD it looks like a goody. Wynn DT Unstampabelles x

Jocelyn said...

Marvellous card - I'm very tempted to pour myself a glass and join in!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Great card , love the design and humour of it , just right for a male.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx

Carol said...

Hi Jane. A great card. I love it. I think I might have to investigate this Cd as I always like the images I see used. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Hello Jane, this is a great card for any man. Love the image and your gate fold design using two papers from the CD is a super idea. I am with Jocelyn as I will be pouring a glass later.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Hello Jane, A great card, I can think of a few males this would be perfect for. Thanks for playing along with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

LOL...too funny! Thanks for playing along with us at Unstampabelles this month! Hope to see you join us again soon!
Tracey, DT

Jane said...

Oh very good - I must be middle aged too lol Many thanks for sharing with us on UnstampaBelles.

starcyl said...

Great card and the cartoon style is perfect for a man, another who's middle aged here! Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, Beautiful layout
Margaret

Carol said...

I found the CD on E-bay and bought it.
x

Granmargaret said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Unstampabelles.