Tuesday 7 October 2014

Time to Retire

This week at Cardz 4 Guys the challenge is #39 - Time to Retire. What does that mean to you? Bedtime? The end of your working life? "Light the blue touch paper and retire" on November 5th? It's up to you! I chose bedtime as the theme for my DT card this week.

I turned to my La Pashe CDs again - they really are brilliant when it comes to man-cards! - and to my old favourite, The Best of La Pashe 2012, for this Christmassy image. I love the way there is just a little decoupage to give the image a lift, yet not enough to make the card really thick. It can be an important consideration at Christmas time when you have a lot of cards to post - those large letter stamps can really bump up the cost of Christmas.

Because I used patterned paper on the back page, I've added a panel of plain purple card  to write my greeting on when I send the card. I hate writing on patterned paper, it does no good to either my writing or the pattern. On this card, I'll be using a silver metallic gel pen to write my festive wishes.


 

I'm joining in with

CD Sunday - Christmas is coming
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
the brand new challenge Anything Goes With a Twist - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - October
and rather cheekily
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge- something beginning with P (the potty!!!)

9 comments:

Wynn said...

Great card Jane. It's al the details on these La Pashe images that makes them special I think. Love your card fold too. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday. It's always good to see a familiar name as we know your creation will be worth a peep. Wynn DT x

sue-b said...

Thanks for a second visit Jane and with a brilliant card too, just these La Pashe images , love the layout .
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b DT xx

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for sharing at crafting at the weekend, good luck x

Cazro said...

A fabulous card, so pleased to see a different version of 'retire'. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Cazro said...

A wonderful card, loving the image you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges Caz

starcyl said...

What a fun card, It did make me smile as the page opened. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A great fun card and I like your card fold. Good idea to have a piece of plain card to write your message. Thanks for sharing card number 2 with us at CD Sunday
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hello again Jane. Wonderful card - one of my favourite La Pashe images.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

I love the La Pashe images and this is a great card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT