Friday 2 January 2015

Happy New Year

I almost forgot to say it! Because I've already written and scheduled one of next week's posts, it almost slipped my mind that this is actually my first post of 2015.

I hope you all had a good Christmas - mine, and the week or so since, has been spent snivelling into a box of tissues, and today's the first day I've felt like doing any crafting. So I've not yet had chance to play with the three lovely Create-a-scene die sets that Santa brought me. However I feel as if I've been playing with something brand new...... even though I must have had it for about 5 years. Some time ago, I won a lovely pad of 360 sheets of K & Company 12" x 12" papers. I got a nice shiny new plastic storage box to keep the papers pristine in, put it away - and forgot all about it! I've just uncovered it, at the bottom of a pile of boxes, and have been like a child in a sweetshop. All those lovely papers to play with, all effectively brand new!

The card I'm sharing with you today is made with a set based around one sheet printed with large butterflies, although I cut the individual butterflies from the sheet rather than using it whole.




I'm sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - Thank you with Butterflies
NBUS Challenge #3

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Gosh! Your card is delightful and nearly a whole yr of a paper a day to play with too from your hidden stash. Those butterflies are a riot of colour. thankyou for fluttering by this challenge. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Lovely, colourful card to cheer during the cold, dreary days of winter! Hazel x

Darnell said...

I have that same pad of papers, Jane! I have separated mine and filed them so I no longer forget about them, but I remember that pretty stylized butterfly and the matching pp! You've made a sensational card with them, so great for Mrs. A.'s challenge and my own. Thank you so much for linking up to my NBUS Challenge #3! I don't know what made me double-check, but I was so surprised to find I wasn't a follower when I know I've visited you before and you follow me. I'm so sorry for that oversight, which I've corrected! I hope you enjoy the weekend and get completely over your sniffles! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

What gorgeous spicy colours Jane and adore those pretty cut out butterflies. I think K & Company desjgns are always so lovely, and you have lots more to enjoy too. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love the card, your colors are so vibrant!

Hugs,
Em
Guest Designer for Butterfly Challenge
Creative Em