Saturday 15 August 2015

Weddings at Twofers

There's a new challenge at Twofers today, and this time the theme is Weddings.

Now I've been thinking for a while that with more and more countries legalising same sex marriage, there's going to soon be a real need in the crafting community for ideas for same-sex wedding cards, so I decided for my Twofer today I would make two cards that were more or less identical except that one was for two men marrying each other, and the other for two women. In order to make my basic design suitable for both, I used rainbow colours. I had some rainbow peel offs with love and romance themes in my stash, and a sheet of rainbow-coloured floral vellum, and I stamped a "Love" panel for each card using a rainbow ink pad.

Then came the main wording - that was more of a challenge! I had to use a clear plastic stamp that said "Best Wishes to the Bride & Groom" and cut away the words Bride and Groom, using a stamp positioner to add them separately after stamping the rest of the sentiment. Maybe as demand increases we will see "Bride & Bride" and "Groom & Groom" stamps go on sale.



2 comments:

Christi Conley said...

I LOVE these!!! They are beautiful cards and so timely!! <3

Claire Toplis said...

Excellent cards !!