Sunday 18 October 2015

A Friendship card

For today's card, I dug really deep into my stash, and pulled out the remains of an old Hot Off The Press sentiments booklet and  the snippets from a Paper Pizzazz 12x12 pad that I think was called something like Tiny Prints.

I find the sentiments are usually rather "flat" in appearance when used on a card, but this time I not only inked the edges but added some stamping, to really "take ownership" as they say in BS-ese, of the design.

Lots and lots of layering, lots of inky edges, a bit of punching and some ribbon and buttons added together to complete the card. I decorated the inside as well, to use "part 2" of the sentiment. Obviously the inside  needs to be kept flatter, plus I wanted to make sure there was one relatively plain, uncluttered panel for the sender to write in. And the layout is slightly different simply because I was using up snippets so by the time I got to the inside, I had to juggle around with what was left.



I'm joining in the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - R for Ribbon
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - October
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 199
Allsorts Challenge Blog - All sentimental   

9 comments:

Di said...

Wow Jane, this is gorgeous! Love the colour combination and the way you tickled up those sentiments worked perfectly.

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Hi Jane, What a super card in gorgeous colours. I really like what you did with the sentiments. Barbxx

Mervi said...

Totally gorgeous card, love the colours.
Thank you for sharing at "All Sentimental" challenge over at Allsorts;-))m

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jane. I love the colours you've used and the way you've used the sentiments. xx

Christi Conley said...

How beautiful - I love how it is so colorful, yet not overwhelming - fantastic job! You have been quite busy lately and your talent is showing ALL over the place :)

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous design, love the bps and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Monika Reeck said...

adorable paper Jane
and love that button and ribbon too
the sentiment is so sweet you made double with one in grey so great idea my friend
in one word Beautiful card my friend
hugs, Monika

Cazro said...

A very pretty card with fabulous papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x