Thursday 8 October 2015

Oriental butterflies

Yesterday I was searching for a sheet of card that I just *knew* I'd put in a safe place, when I bumped into a half-sheet of Oriental style blue and gold patterned card that is the only piece left over from a QVC kit I bought years and years and years ago. I'd totally forgotten I still had it, so I moved it to the top of the drawer to use "soon". At the same time, I lifted out a sheet of blue and white floral paper I'd printed out from a craft download - can't remember where I got it from but the date 2010 is printed in the corner, and a sheet of dark blue card with the texture of fine needlecord. I felt sure the three would work together..... somehow.....

Then I thought of the challenge at Use Your Stuff, which is a sketch this week. perfect for bringing together a selection of Very Old Stuff.



And with the butterfly background, how about some butterflies, stamped on pale blue paper and heat -embossed in gold? Not only perfect for the sketch, but also for a second visit to Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge, Butterflies and Embossing. I've already visited once with dry embossing, so now I can go back there with some heat embossing.

 
Hmmm..... it looks as if my line of characters stamp has got a bit distorted. I wonder if soaking it in hot water or heating it gently with my heat gun would allow me to straighten it?

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant. Your use of all the old papers works perfecly for the sketch. Love the embossed butterflies. Thankyou for fluttering by again. Hugs Mrs A.

Shirl said...

Wow what a pretty card. I love your colour choices and your interpretation of my sketch challenge over at UYS. Thank you so much for playing along. I adore butterflies! Hugs - Shirl DT

New Creations said...

Love that gold backing paper and sweet embossed butterflies! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining at Butterfly challenge!

Lori said...

Beautiful card! I love the gold embossed butterflies, and I think all of your found papers work perfectly together! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

SweetScraps said...

One of my favourite things to do, pair old with new. Your card is spectacular! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff!