Saturday 5 December 2015

Flowers at Twofers

It's time for a new challenge at Twofers. Now, here in the UK it is the middle of winter, so it makes a lovely change to think about flowers, which is what we are asking you to use as the theme this week.

I decided to go for a Clean and Simple look this time,  using a medallion stamp that has been in my collection for many years. The brand name has worn off the backing sheet - all I can see is that it started with a letter K!  Instead of using it to make a dimensional, stacked card, as we used to when medallion stamps were all the rage, I decided to keep it pretty much flat, by stamping the layers onto primrose yellow and green papers and sticking them all right down on the card, to give the effect of paper piecing. To keep the CAS look, I only added a very faint touch of colour to the flower centres, using light strokes of pencil.



Why not pop over to Twofers and see what the others on the team have created? And while you're there, we'd love it if you shared your flower-themed creations with us. Don't forget you only need to make ONE item (although we are delighted to see more if you care to!) and there is a prize for our favourite. Your work MUST include some stamping but no digis.

3 comments:

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful! It looks like I can touch those layers - they look soft to me. Stunning job! xx

Monika Reeck said...

I lke your poinsettia and the layers add a great touch on your flower
beautifully made Jane
Thanks for the CARD I forget to tell you (shy) many thanks dear Jane yours will be send soon :)

Greta said...

I love this card, Jane! Need to pull out my old Medallion stamps--I have a lot of them!