Thursday 25 February 2016

Hooray! Hooray! It's Rudolph Day!

It's the 25th of the month, and that means it's the day we're all invited to make a Christmas card and link it up to the Rudolph Day challenge at Scrappymo's. There's a prize to help with your festive crafting to be won every month, and this month it's a dainty holly leaf border die. But you'll need to hurry - each month's challenge only lasts until the end of the month, and even though it's a leap year, February is still the shortest month of the year!

Here is my card, which I am also linking up to the Christmas challenge at Fab'n'Funky

I've used a negative die cut snowflake backed with turquoise patterned paper, twine, lots of gems and a tag made by punching a circle, stamping a sentiment on it and then using my Crop-a-dile to add an eyelet at the top. It *should* leave me with a die cut snowflake to use on another card, except that particular set of snowflake dies are all real wossnames to get the die cut out of, and as usual it has ended up in shreds. I've tried everything I can think of - wiping the die with an anti static tumbledrier sheet, using waxed paper, running the die and die cut through an embossing sandwich, and nothing seems to work.

6 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a brilliant Rudolf card.
Such a very great design too.
I don't very often think of using the negative part of the die so thank you for the inspiration.
Happy Rudolf Day to you.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Liz said...

Love this card, Jane, great idea to use the negative die cut. xx

Mrs A. said...

Perfect snowflake and I love that backing design paper. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

Fantastic idea Jane love the paper you chose behind the die cut snowflake

Barb said...

I love your card Jane. The backing paper is lovely. What a shame about the positive die. Barbxx

cohenna said...

Beautiful card!
T hank you for joining us at the Fab'n'Funky :)