Saturday 12 March 2016

Butterflies and Buttons

I've been sorting through a pile of old craft mags, looking to see what I can throw away (the decluttering is still continuing) and came across some photos of finished cards that I rather liked. I took inspiration from them for these two cards, in that they used torn patterned papers, butterflies, buttons and twine, and the general layout is similar.

For the first card, I used papers from a very old magazine freebie booklet, adding a butterfly cut using my old favourite Cuttlebug die, cutting it once using one of the papers from the set and again using a patterned vellum. The body of the butterfly is made with liquid pearls and the bird cage is actually part of a die cut wedding favour that I bought a pack of from The Range - they are meant to be sweet boxes but each one cuts nicely into four separate cages.

 
For my second card, I used papers from a Crafters Companion pad called "A weekend in Seville" which I won in a recent blog challenge. The butterflies were die cut in white and in a printed pink vellum that's been in my stash for years. Again I used liquid pearls for the bodies, although my white ones had been unused for so long that it seems to have gone a bit thin and splodgy.
 
 
I am sharing these at
 
Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies with Buttons and/or Bronze (both cards)
Clear it out challenge - Patterned paper over a year old (only the first card)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge - March (both cards)
Use Your Stuff - Lace, Ribbon or Twine (both cards)

9 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two adorable cards, like so much how you used the distressed papers and the vellum for the butterflies is an adorable touch!
Love "A weekend in Seville" papers, they are so sweet and perfect for spring time
Thank you for playing in Butterfly Challenge#50 with your lovely works :)

missgailly said...

Fantastic cards. Lovin' those butterflies. Thank for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Lori said...

Both of these cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

Mrs A. said...

They are both lovely and I like the torn paper aspect on them. Now I have never thought to use liquid pearls on the bodies of butterflies!! Its a splendid idea and looks impressive. Thnkyou for fluttering by my challenge where your cards will be entered in to the draw for both prizes. Hugs Mrs A.

SweetScraps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SweetScraps said...

the twine is a great addition on your cards, and perfect for our challenge. thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

Barb said...

Two beautiful cards Jane. You've used some lovely papers and well done cutting up the favour boxes. Barbxx

Khristina Sorge said...

These are both just beautiful! The twine was a great addition that added dimension to your creative project. Thanks for playing along with the ribbon, twine, and lace challenge over at Use Your Stuff. I hope to see more projects from you for upcoming challenges!

Khristina UYS DT

Tammy L said...

OHHH these are pretty! I seem to be very into butterflies right now! Love the torn layers of DP!
Thanks for playing with us at USE YOUR STUFF and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator