Wednesday 20 April 2016

Glasgow Rose Butterfly

The other day I got the latest issue of Creative Stamping magazine which comes with a whole A4 sized sheet of stamps in the style of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's  famous "Glasgow Rose" design. I love the stamps and I think you'll be seeing a LOT of makes using them appear on here over coming weeks and months.

Here is my first make, a butterfly stamped on acetate. coloured and glittered from the back and then mounted in the window of a tri-fold aperture card which itself has been stamped with images from the set.


Ooops! Now I've added the photo, I can see that the bottom right hand stamping is much too far over to the edge - one to earmark for next year's April 1st boo-boo challenge perhaps?

I am sharing this with:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Photo inspiration (the butterfly and colours)



Creative with stamps - Butterfly



Fab 'n' Funky - Winged Things

Make My Monday - Butterflies

Stampin' Royalty - Butterflies 

13 comments:

Linby said...

I've just tracked down these stamps too Jane as I love anything CRM inspired. I love your card - the touch of glitter is just beautiful.
Lynn x

Cara said...

Well, I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out! Love the butterly on the acetate, fabulous effect. Cara x

Barb said...

A gorgeous card Jane. I love the glittered butterfly on the acetate. Barbxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane, love the colours. Looks like a brilliant set of stamps to have in your collection. xx

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Helen F. said...

Oh Jane, that butterfly on acetate is colored and sparkly just perfectly. Great card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative With Stamps~Butterfly challenge :-)

Monika Reeck said...

woooow Jane
acetate and butterfly
and the rose
woooww I love love the stamp you have choosen
I guess you have more than three cabinets of stamps
this one is soo beautiful
love it and thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps #01
Hugs
Monika

Lilian said...

I couldn't find the window to comment, so I'm writing as "reply"...but I love the butterfly on acetate! Great idea! I did notice the bottom right image, but I thought it was intentional! So I guess it's not bad at all! =)
Hugs and Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Aileen said...

Wow what a stunning card, absolutely love the butterfly on acetate and the surrounding flowers. Perfect

Rahmat said...

What a pretty stamp, I love the flowers, and the butterfly is cool with all that shimmer, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Beautiful card - I love the design :)
Thank you for joining us at "Creative with Stamps",
Eunice (DT)

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Mandy LaCroix said...

What a beauty! And great take on the challenge! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted to Stamps & More!