Tuesday 31 January 2017

Ladybird again!

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this week's challenge photo at Just Us Girls

 

Does it remind you of anything? For instance, this photo that I posted to the blog about a week ago?

 
Well, I was seriously tempted to CASe myself! But then, I know that I never enjoy making two such similar cards close together, so I decided to use the same ladybird and daisy inspiration in a completely different way, using  a set of very cute stamps from Clearly Besotted.
 
 
 I angled the flower head slightly to make it look as if it was looking up towards the sentiment. When the stamping and colouring was done, it still looked a little bare, so I doodled in a "bug trail" around the edge and added a tiny heart to cover up a smudge draw the viewer's eye towards the sentiment.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Jane I love cute and the ladybird really is just that. A super card. Barbxx

Nancy said...

I had to chuckle at your post today! Thanks for that! I also have a hard time duplicating a card or posting them back to back. That heart does the trick of pulling my eye back up to the sentiment too. (wink) Your card is Super Cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

LOL! Great minds think alike! What an adorable card, and I love the fact that you added the heart to 'draw the eye to the sentiment' (nudge nudge wink wink) Thanks for joining the fun at Just Us Girls!

Mac Mable said...

Popped by to say what a cute card. Love the layout and the perfect CAS style. x