Saturday 4 February 2017

Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers challenge 77 - O for Outrageous

Edna is looking pretty outrageous today

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Apparently that thing on her forehead is a "bagel forehead",  fashionable in Japan and Canada, a temporary feature created by saline injections. If you are  - or were - eating this while munching on a bagel, just think how many calories I've just saved you now you can't eat it!

Which is a very roundabout way of telling you that the new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is O is for Outrageous.



I've chosen a rather outrageous sentiment from one of my beloved Dylusions sheets, but contrasted it with a shabby chic style which I think highlights the snarky sentiment,  because it exaggerates the outrageousness. And it's just the kind of thing that two elegant society ladies of the 1930s, who secretly detested each other, may well have said, even if it was only in their imaginations. 

The image is a large stamp I won from a magazine, I've had it for a few years and it doesn't say the brand name. For a sepia tint effect, I stamped it with Memento ink  then coloured it by blobbing some Walnut Stain distress ink on an acrylic block and then using a water brush and varying amounts of water to dilute it to several different depths of colour and paint the stamped image. The papers are from a Victoria and Albert Museum pad.

Now how about hopping over to see what the other Sisters have made, and link up your own acts of outrage - you could be our next Queen or Princess of Snark! And if it's anything like our last challenge, you have a great chance of that crown as we only had one entry. Please join  in - we don't bite! (Well, at least, we only bite if you ask us to....)

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Classic design team Open Challenge - February
Shopping Our Stash - Days of Yore   

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it, been there and seen this soo often! I like the design of the picture too!

Barb said...

A great card Jane. I love the sepia image and distressed layers and that snarky sentiment really made me laugh. One you could only send to a very good friend! You couldn't send this special card to an enemy, could you now. I Love it. Barbxx

Chris Dring said...

I love this card! That image is fabulous, and the sentiment goes oh so perfectly with it! Brilliant to color this in sepia tones!
Also, thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Printable Art said...

Love this card, really love the sepia tones! Great sentiment as well..

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh I love this image you have used, its fabulous. Love your colours and design. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

DonnaMundinger said...

Love the vintage look and hilarious sentiment. Still trying to get over bagel head. EEEWWW!!! xxD

Lindsey said...

I love that sentiment! And as you say, particularly contrasted with the wonderful vintage look of your card. (There are V&A paper pads!?!?!)

Dotty Jo said...

Totally brilliant - I love your sense of humour! Jo x

Donna said...

He he he he love the vintage / shabby chic of your card!!
And of course...the snarky sentiment...ohhhhhh I love that one!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pretty card! Totally fabulous sentiment :)
Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love the Sepia tones of the card! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Stacey
Stacey’s Creative Corner
Shopping Our Stash, DT Member

HolyLise said...

Wow, I love your vintage style card! And the sentiment is soo hilarious :P