Tuesday 18 April 2017

Shades of Brown at Cardz 4 Guyz.

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz our theme is Shades of Brown.

I wasn't really sure what angle to take (a problem I always have with colour challenges!) until we went to a party held at a friend's house, and as the sun was shining we all went out into the garden, where they had just had a purpose built bike shed erected. One of the other guests and I were discussing how much we would like something similar to use as a craft room  - and then I had a lightbulb moment. Standing there, next to the beautiful brown timber shed, I knew exactly what to make for this challenge!


So here you have it, my very own "bike shed", using elements that make me think of sheds like the wood effect paper, the dry embossed "galvanised metal" and the hessian sacking. I'd still love a craft shed though!

I am sharing this with Make my Mondays - Embossing, heat or dry

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Jane this is beautifully designed.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cara said...

Fabulous card. Totally with you on the need for a craft shed. Cara x

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Jane, I absolutely adore this! The 'metal' piece is truly magnificent and the burlap (hessian, I guess you call it) gives lovely texture.

Sian said...

Great card! I love all the textured elements. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Liz said...

Brilliant masculine card, Jane. I love all the different textures. The Country View Challenge this month is 'Rust' and I think your card would be perfect for the challenge. xx

Sue - said...

Hi Jane - I've got my MMM hat on today! Love your card, perfect for both challenges too. Even though I have a room a shed would be wonderful, mind you it would have to be quite large and heated!