Sunday 2 April 2017

The Chestnut Seller again!

I had some bits and pieces left over from the Chestnut Seller card that I made for CD Sundays last week, and as I'd enjoyed making that card so much I decided to use up the bits in a similar but different card.


This time instead of taking the vintage cycle route, I used some musical stave chipboard die cuts (from Tando) which I pressed into gold ink, covered with gold embossing powder and heat embossed. So as not to divert attention from the depth of these, I decided not to add the decoupage to the image this time. I used a deckle edged tearing ruler to edge the image and music paper.

I am sharing this with
Christmas Card Throwdown (I still find it hard not to add the "52") - Musical Notation
Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge - ATG or funny  

5 comments:

Liz said...

Another super card using this lovely image. xx

AlisonC said...

Those chipboard die cuts are very nice and look great in gold. Your card has good traditional feel.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Lucinda said...

I still add the 52 in my head as well! A lovely card, I think the chestnut seller is whistling the tune! Thanks for joining our Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous 'vintage' card Jane

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like your take on the musical notation theme. The image is just super and the little gold wooden notes are fab. Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown this week! Deborah, DT.