Saturday 24 June 2017

On Safari

A few months ago, the cover gift on Papercraft Essentials magazine was a really sweet set of safari themed stamps, including hunters (thankfully armed only with binoculars) in male and female versions as well as lots of animals and sentiments, and a matching embossing folder of tiger stripes and pawprints. I spent yesterday and this morning playing with the stamps. I stamped all the images and coloured them with Promarkers, then fussy cut them - wouldn't it have been great if they'd given us an opportunity to buy matching dies? - and used them to create an assortment of cards.

Before reading on, I'd like you to join me in turning a blind eye to the fact that you would never find all of these animals on the same continent, except in captivity! (And don't get me started on penguins and polar bears!)

#1 - outside

#1 - inside

#1 - closed

#2

#3

#4

For #1, I used a pre-cut aperture card and stamped leaves from the set around the edge. The strip of pawprints across the front and the tiger striped inner panel were made using the embossing folder, with the strip cut from Coredinations and sanded and the stripes done with orange card and lightly inked with brown.

#2 has the balloons stamped once onto the card and again onto a snippet of yellow then paper pieced. The leaves in the first two cards are made with a Woodware punch.

I added a Debbi Moore African tree stamp and a punched sun to #3.

#4 has the addition of the boy hunter from the stamp set and two clouds cut with a Dies r Us die.

I would like to enter the following challenges :

C.R.A.F.T. - Animals
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your mark
CAS  on Friday - Animals ( card #4 only)
Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine anything goes (card #4 only)
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Mia said...

Oh, how lovely!!! So cute cards!

Sue - said...

Super card Jane! I wonder how I missed that magazine! I usually check them all out!

Liz said...

Super selection of cards, Jane. I particularly love the first one with the aperture, very clever design. I must have missed this magazine, or perhaps it was during the short time I tried to avoid the magazine aisle in the supermarket - always too much temptation! LOL! xx

Crafting Queen said...

I love these cards, they are adorable!

Jane Willis said...

I can't get over the fact that I spotted a magazine that some of you missed, when the cover gift was so good. I'm not much of a magazine buyer, apart from Quick Cards Made Easy which I have adigi sub for and don't get the gifts, so I usually read avout the gifts on everyone else's blogs when it's roo late to get them.
I think this must have been the April or May 2017 issue, judging by the closong dates of the competitons and offers, so it's probably still available on their website

Penny Hanuszak said...

Adorable images. What a play date you've had Jane and such great cards. I love all four of them and admire the beautiful colouring and fussy cutting you've done to bring all those delightful characters to life. The boy safari is such a great card. Thanks so much for sharing your card(s)at our Watercooler Wednesday Masculine Challenge this week

Julie B said...

Great set of cards Jane, especially when it's from a freebie.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Fiona said...

What fun cards - love the bright bold colours - Thanks for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Cara said...

What a fabulous set of cards, all adorable. I bought the magazine too, but the freebies are still in my NBUS mountain. Think I might have to excavate it out!

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my, you've really had fun with your safari themed stamps and dies, Jane! What a terrific assortment of bright colours you've used. These cards would easily appeal to a little boy (or a little boy at heart). Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Zw@@n said...

Super cute cards, Jane. I love those animals. Gorgeous designs too. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

MagsB said...

These are so darn' cute, Jane! What gorgeous bright colours and fab designs - I espcially like the layout of card #1, it looks so good!! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Gail said...

A really cute selection of critters. You have combined a lot of detail in your creations. Thanks for joining the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

libbystamps said...

Wild about these designs! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for Fiona's Anything Goes Masculine Challenge!

Judy Markowitz said...

Wow! I love this! Love how you utilized the window on the front, excellent use of design here!Thank you so much for sharing this adorable card! And thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

sweet art designs said...

Wow, all your cards are fantastic. They are all so well done! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT