Sunday 22 October 2017

When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall at CD Sundays

We have a lovely new theme for you at CD Sundays today - When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall.

One of my favourite things about autumn is kicking piles of crisp fallen leaves into the wind, so I was overjoyed to find this super design on the CD "Through the Year with Seraphina" from Creative Crafting World.



I printed an image and embellishment sheet and the leaf paper from the CD and then picked out the purple from the layered backgrounds with some purple dotty paper from my stash. Having the large and small images made it ideal for an easel card. The medallion in the top left had three layers, all in the olive green, so I used the middle layer as a template to draw around and cut a purple dotty layer to use instead.

The button is from my stash - the design is carved onto it and I think is intended to look like a bunch of lavender but to me it looks a lot like the bare stems and trees in the image!

Now we'd love to see what you can create on this lovely theme - remembering, of course, that we need to see something from a CD on your work and you must tell us what it is and which CD it came from!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

I'll come and join you with the leaf kicking Jane - just give me time to put my wellies on! That darker spotty purple really makes the other colours 'pop'! And that's another leafy backing paper that I love!
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Wynn said...

Love this scene Jane. The purple really lifts it and gives it a cheery look. Great idea to use the smaller scene as an easel topper.....not thought of that....inspirational again Hugs Wynn x

Margarets designer cards said...

Love the image the purple really makes it pop out.
Any pile of leaves down here are rather soggy at the moment, if you find a dry pile I'll come kicking with you

Barb said...

A really sweet Autumn card Jane. What a lovely image. I was reminded of how much our dog Maggy used to love to bound through piles of crispy leaves. It was a joy to watch. Barbxx

Liz said...

Great autumn card, Jane, there are certainly lots of piles of fallen leaves here to kick about at the moment. xx

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love how you made an easel card with this image x

Jocelyn said...

That little mouse looks like she is having so much fun in those leaves, makes me want to join in. Love the colours.
Jocelyn x