Friday 23 March 2018

Easter Bunnies (?)

Now I've made this card it's dawned on me that the two "bunnies" in the silhouette aren't playing, they are boxing. And that means they are hares!

However I am claiming artistic license, for the purposes of this card they can jolly well be bunnies and like it!


I blended Distress inks to make the background for the image, which I stamped with a very old magazine freebie stamp, then I used the same inks with the addition of a pink one to stencil the spotty background.

The black bunnies are chipboard ones which I covered with black ink and embossing powder and heated so in real life they have a lovely shiny finish.

I am sharing this with

C.R.A.F.T. challenge - Spring/Easter
Shopping Our Stash - Here Comes Peter Cottontail
The Library Challenge (this is a new challenge to me and as a book lover it's right up my street) - Watership Down - inspired by the silhouette on the cover
Creative With Stamps - Bunny

10 comments:

Sue Boniwell said...

Lovely card.

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, I remember this stamp. :)

Linby said...

Nice card. It looks like all the other bunnies are rushing in to stop the fight lol!

Marina said...

Heehee I also have that 'frolicking bunnies' stamp from Craft Stamper - I think it was one of their best ever. I think it's great what you've done with those bunny silhouettes. Thanks for joining The Library.

Claire said...

I love the silhouette bunnies set against the polka dot background which adds a touch of fun, great card x

Chris Dring said...

Love your polka dot background and all the bunnies hopping about! Thanks for linking up at Shopping Our Stash for our Easter Challenge!

lauren bergold said...

omg! too cute and too cool! everybunny loooves a cute easter card... i love the dots in the background as well, almost like colored eggs, viewed from below! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Billie A said...

Very cute card. Great looks with the black bunnies. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.


Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely make and thanks for sharing at craft this week and good luck

Lilian said...

Love this card! Love those dots and all the bunnies!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio