Tuesday 20 March 2018

Fluttering into spring!

Today in the northern hemisphere it's officially the first day of spring, although there's still snow on the ground here in Hampshire. But despite that I saw my first butterfly of the year a couple of weeks ago so spring is definitely on the way!



For this card I spun the wheel at the Butterfly Challenge and came up with Lemon and Layers. The card I've used is much paler than it appears on the photos - I think combining it with black has really made the colour stand out. Actually the way it looks on the photos is probably a more accurate representation of the colour of real lemons, certainly of the Sicilian beauties I have in the fridge at the moment.

I used my Grand Calibur (had to replace the cutting plate again last week, it's just about the hardest working item in my craft room) for all the cutting and embossing. The lovely spring blossom embossing folder is a Tim Holtz one from Sizzix, the square is a Gummiapan stitched Squares die and the butterfly is cut with the dovecraft Layered Butterfly mini-set.

I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge -  Lemon and Layers
Cuttlebugmania - Spring
Sparkles Monthly - Spring is in the air

9 comments:

Cara said...

This is so pretty, I love the embossed background x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jane, the lemon, black and white is so striking. xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, a lovely embossed background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card!

Darnell said...

It's such a pleasure catching up with you, Jane! You've been very productive and I love the CASliciousness of your recent designs! This beauty will make everyone who sees it forget the snow outside the window! It is spring personified in yellow and black and I love it! Hugs, Darnell

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card celebrating Spring, at least the sun is out today and thats got to be better than the snow.

Sue xx

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Mrs A. said...

Your card is lovely and fresh looking. I like the lemon with the black. It is very striking. Love the look of the embossing folder too. Gosh hasn't the weather been a Changling. Hope that is the last of the snow now. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel . Hugs Mrs A.

Basslady said...

this looks fabulous!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo