Saturday 10 March 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #105 - Z is for ZigZag

The latest challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is due to be going live just about... NOW. This time our theme is Z is for ZigZag.



I've gone a bit zigzag crazy here.....


The image is a very old stamp from Dimension Fourth, and I've paper pieced the dresses using a sheet of 6 x 6 paper from the Dovecraft Curiosity Corner range. The background is from a 12x12 sheet of the same paper. The kettle and teacup are part of the paper, and the tape measure is cut out from elsewhere on the same sheet. I've added a few stamped tape measure segments and a stamped zigzag faux stitching border. Both are very old stamps I can't remember the origins of.

The sentiment is a Dylusions stamp and I thought I'd had a real stroke of genius by adding the fabric covered brad, but by the time I'd decided it was in the wrong place I'd had to make quite a big hole for the legs so it really had to stay there. I wish I'd actually used it to cover up the woman in the ugly red hat, who really ought to have followed the advice in the sentiment. After all, we all know about women who wear red hats, don't we?

I am sharing this with
A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome!!! what a fantastic use of the "zig-zag" theme. Great paper piecing and fantastic design.

Dotty Jo said...

Looks brilliant! Jo x

Lindsey said...

Excuse me, what do we know about women who wear red hats? *koff*
Your card is beautiful and elegant, and I'm glad you didn't disappoint by adding some snark to your commentary instead. Such great mixing of stamping, patterns and sentiment!

Chris Dring said...

Shit, I just bought a red sunhat for summer.... I digress. Your card is absolutely fabulous!!

Darnell said...

Yeah, I'd like to know what that means, too, Jane! Over here red hats are worn by kindly old ladies who meet for lunch once a month ... is there something going on at the nursing home that I don't know about? Where do I sign up?! Your card is fabulous! Love the paper piecing!! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Love your card so much detail xx