Thursday 5 April 2018

Guest Designer at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge

I'm delighted to have been invited to be this week's Guest Designer at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge where this week's theme is Get Well Soon.

I have used the image Recuperating Rita from Doctor Digis, who are one of the sponsors of the challenge.


I have coloured it with pencils to try to get a wood-grain effect on the furniture, and adding a drop of Liquid Pearls for Rita's earring and Glossy Accents to her eyes.

I had to computer generate the sentiment because, to my amazement, I don't seem to have a single Get Well sentiment among my stamps, dies and stickers. The finishing touch is "Elastoplast" ("Band Aid" to my non-UK friends) made from a snippet of weave-textured skintone card.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge 323  (I know the only snippet is the "Elastoplast" corners, but I think you'll agree it's vital to the card!)

Post Script  - I have just ordered a fab set of Get Well stamps, having realised that the gap in my stash was a great excuse to shop!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations on your GD spot. Brilliant card, Jane, fab image and perfect backing paper. The plasters are a perfect finishing touch. xx

Barb said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot Jane. What a fabulous card. I love the way you've coloured the image and what a great background. The plasters are genius! Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

Loving those Elastoplast. Perfect colourmatch. Congratulations on your Guest designer spot. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Congrats on the GD spot and what a brilliant card Jane. I just LOVe the Elastoplasts - brilliant touch!

Hugs

Di xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the creativity on display on this geet well card - great work. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)